Wednesday, January 25, 2012

2012 NAMM Grand Slam

So many stories, so little time...

The 2012 NAMM show was simply an opportunity. It was a chance for me to follow up on the launch of the new web site and all it represents - in a word "communication". The instruments I created and brought to NAMM were really for the benefit of my loyal dealers who worked as hard as I did in 2011 to raise the profile of Dunnett Classic and George Way drums. Unlike some drum companies that seem to take pride in listing hundreds of non-stocking dealers on their web sites, I have purposely chosen to maintain my rather small dealership network. It makes sense and I have the finest independent dealer network I could hope for. Appreciation. Communication.

I was very lucky this year to share my humble 10 x 10 space with a colleague whom I love and respect - Mr. Curt Waltrip of Joyful Noise. It was Joyful's NAMM debut and what a debut it was. Between Dunnett, George Way, Joyful Noise and Craviotto aisle 3000 in Hall D was renamed the 5th avenue of Anaheim. Beauty. The traffic was relentless and we were up to the task. Dunnett Classic racked up the best show numbers ever. I call it J2J - January to July - and my production schedule is booked well into the middle of the year.

I invite you to have a look at the highlight "reels" from the show on my FB album. You can view it right here : http://tinyurl.com/6qbkdgo


Stay tuned for upcoming announcements on my travels including the 2012 Music Messe show and Summer NAMM.







No comments:

Post a Comment