Sunday, January 1, 2012

Dunnett launches "V2"

You'll have to pardon the lack of a more imaginative name for the new Dunnett Classic Drums website, but there was no lack of thought and energy that went into it. Development on the new V2 (Version 2) began shortly after I returned from Musik Messe. The concepts and ideas that I had would require more expertise than my own and that lead me on a search for a web "guy" who could understand my vision and be able to translate those ideas into code. That would be one Curt Hemmingway AKA "Gooru", whose patience was exceeded only by his sincere desire to meet every challenge I could throw at him - and I threw plenty! I wanted a website that moved.  I wanted a website that harnessed the power of social media. I wanted a website that was nimble, flexible and modular to be able to handle high quality and diverse content. I wanted a website that really showed the hand-made craftsmanship and individuality of every drum I create. And most importantly, I wanted a website that improved communication with my clients and dealers and encouraged a level of participation from them. I achieved all of that and more - all within an elegant architecture and clean, simple interface. Yeah - I'm pleased. It's a great way to start a brand new year that holds plenty of promise. So please - take some time and enjoy the site and remember to check back frequently as I'll be adding fresh content almost daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment